The Canadian government continues to support Afghan refugees with resettling close to 40,000 Afghans in Canada. There are a number of special programs created by the Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada to support Afghan refugees in Canada.
Are you looking to assist Afghan newcomers in Sudbury with housing, donations, employment opportunities and more?
- For donations, please contact St. Vincent de Paul in Sudbury or Val Caron and the United Way.
- For employment opportunities for Afghan newcomers in Sudbury, please contact:
- If you would you like to volunteer in support for Afghan refugees, please contact Volunteer Sudbury.
Resources for Afghan Refugees
Provincial and Government organisations supporting Afghan nationals:
Federal Assistance for Afghan nationals
- Special Programs
- Temporary public policy to facilitate the sponsorship of Afghan refugees by groups of five and community sponsors – Canada.ca
- Sponsor a refugee – Canada.ca
- Facilitative measures to support those affected by the crisis in Afghanistan – Canada.ca
- Find refugee services in Canada – Canada.ca
- Temporary public policy for Afghan nationals applying for temporary resident status – Canada.ca
- Find out what special measures for Afghanistan apply to you – Canada.ca
There are also other non profit organisations who are working in collaboration with different government agencies to support the Afghan newcomers in Canada. For more information please see the links below:
Refugee 613: Ways to help
If you need support with information on available resources in Canada, please call 211
In case of an emergency, please call 911.